The Dutch Lions Capital Group USA LLC was founded in 2009 by Mike Mossel, Erik Tammer and Peter van der Molen. Besides the investment company they also registered the Dayton Dutch Lions FC LLC and purchased the license to play professional soccer in the United Soccer Leagues (USL) in Dayton OHIO.
In April 2011 they started a second club in the USA (Houston Dutch Lions FC LLC). In September 2013 they started their third club in Cincinnati (Cincinnati Dutch Lions FC LLC). In 2015 two more clubs were added: New York Dutch Lions FC LLC and Florida Gulf Coast Dutch Lions FC LLC. As of August 2015 they also have a minority interest in FC Cincinnati.
Besides a Men's team in Dayton (Dayton Dutch Lions FC), that plays in the USL PDL Division, the club also added a Women's team in 2011. They started playing in the W-League of the USL but switched to the WPSL in 2015. The Men's team in Cincinnati competes in the USL PDL league, the Men's team in Houston (called Dutch Lions FC NPSL) plays in the NPSL league. Florida Gulf Coast Dutch Lions FC added a Women's team in 2017 that plays in the WPSL. FC Cincinnati plays in the USL PRO league.
The Dutch Lions FC clubs in Dayton, Houston and Cape Coral also have a Youth Academy in order to develop youth players to professional level. New York has a Training Academy. The Academies are based on the Dutch youth development philosophy, ranked worldwide in category 1 according to FIFA.
The Dutch Lions FC starts educating kids at the age of six. We offer the unique possibility for top players to play pro in either the USA or Europe. We pride ourselves for our extensive network in the global soccer world. Therefore we consider the Dutch Lions FC to be the “Gateway to professional soccer”.
The reason of starting (Dutch) soccer clubs in the USA is that there are 24 million active soccer players in this country (most in the world) and although the Americans dominate in almost every sport, there are almost no US soccer players performing at the world’s top level. We feel this is because of the lack of technical and tactical development at the younger ages (6-12). Early age development is something the Dutch school is known- and recognized for worldwide.
In case you are interested in joining our "Orange family" as a player, supporter, coach or investor, please contact us!
Tammer Sportmanagement is owned by Erik Tammer who is a former professional player for premier league clubs such as AFC Ajax Amsterdam, SC Heerenveen en Sparta Rotterdam. He guides and advises young talented players socially and financially.
Mossel Sportmanagement B.V. is owned by Mike Mossel. He advises individuals and companies on performance improvement and teaches at Avans University in Breda. He also played for First Division clubs RBC Roosendaal (the Netherlands), KFC Turnhout (Belgium) and Cincinnati Riverhawks (USA) and graduated from Xavier University in Cincinnati (Ohio).
Both Erik and Mike went through the prestigious KNVB UEFA C and UEFA B Pro (former profesional players) training courses.
Founders: Mike Mossel & Erik Tammer
Through their partnerships, the Dutch Lions have several soccer organizations worldwide:
- Dayton Dutch Lions FC in Dayton, OHIO: a Youth Academy, Men's team (USL PDL Division, 4th level) and a Women's team that competes in the WPSL (2nd level).
- Houston Dutch Lions FC in Houston, TEXAS: provide both a Dutch style Youth Academy and a Men's team (NPSL, 4th level)
- Cincinnati Dutch Lions FC in Cincinnati, OHIO: a Men's team (USL PDL Division, 4th level)
- New York Dutch Lions FC in New York: a Training Academy and summer camps
- Florida Gulf Coast Dutch Lions FC in Cape Coral, Florida: a Youth Academy, Training Academy, a Men's team playing exhibition games and a Women's team that competes in the WPSL (2nd level)
- FC Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OHIO: a professional Men's soccer team that competes in USL PRO (3rd level)
- Dutch Lions Group BV: headquarters of the Dutch Lions FC organization
- Partnership with Sport Consult, a player agency